Wednesday, September 13, 2006

In R&R yesterday....

Yesterday, I was in my Renaissance & Reformation class (the one where I have the most trouble focusing), and the lecture was going something like this.....

Prof: And humanism can has been defined by our author in three different ways.....

Me: Humanism? who cares? Oh, right, Renaissance ideas. Man, I wish I could focus. I need to stay awake. Hmmm...... practice today is going to be hard in this weather. Nah, it'll be fun. Dang it. Gotta focus. Gotta stay awake.

Prof: Now I'm wondering who has been paying attention, and will notice a striking similarity between this definition of humanism and the......

Me: I hope he doesn't call on me. I wasn't paying attention. He'll know it. Maybe I would pay better attention if I actually did the reading before class. Hmmm......well maybe if I just read the documents. Wait, maybe if I wrote his third definition in German. Yeah! that's it! I'll take my notes in German, and then I'll have to focus. OK, the third definition of humanism, when he gets to it, I will write in German. OK, time to tune back in......

Prof: .....the militantly anthropocentric and frequently irreligious ideology of the 20th century.....

Me: Well, let's see.......the, and, of, the, 20th..... that's pretty much all the German I know from that sentence. OK, so the marathon world record is 2:05:14. Geez, that guy was cruising. That averages......(does some figuring) less than 4:45 per mile! Wow......

3 Comments:

Blogger Flower Child said...

you make me laugh!!! :-D

3:29 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

I still have the long division on my notes from that class where I found Khalid Kammouchi's average mile pace....

5:18 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

He does, I saw it

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home